Friday, August 5, 2011

Yellowstone Sadness

July 20, 2011

Now in Wyoming. Laurie and I drove all night on about an hour of bad car sleep. We went through Utah, then Idaho, then to Wyoming...or something like that. Either way we went to Yellowstone National Park and I saw a moose!! Seeing one made me cry. All I could think of was how Gram had always wanted to see one. I got so emotional when I saw him, I had no idea I would. Then I also got emotional when seeing Old Faithful. I cried. It is just so incredible the natural wonders of God's earth.

------

July 21, 2011 11:37AM

There are times I regret this trip. I thought I wouldn't have to feel so stressed out but I realized money is a huge stress for me. I didn't anticipate the real cost of everything. Oh well I have to make it work. Hopefully after the trip I will make some money at the craft shows!

------

July 21, 2011 12:55PM

Staying in Wyoming again tonight. Right now we are out sitting by the pool. It's so nice. Hopefully I'm getting a nice tan right now. I've really been learning something about myself. I'm sort of confused about life. Things just feel so unclear to me. I've been questioning even who I am...

------

July 21, 2011 2:04PM

Standing in the pool at America's Best Value Inn in Wyoming. I've been laying out for a while and I'm pretty sure I'm very tan or burnt. It's so nice out here though. Everything is pretty scenery wise. Rocks smashing upwards to the heavens and desert terrain that looks like what I imagine Egypt to be like. There are a few little lakes but not many. This little town called Cody has all the necessities plus opportunities to horseback ride or whitewater raft. It's amazing. I'm not sure if I would ever come back here. Just to Yellowstone for sure! I was sad that they didn't want to stay there longer. I would have gone hiking up at least one mountain. Or ever just a short trail. It seems to me that we just have different interests. I would sleep in the car or camp every night. I guess it's harder with a young kid though too. It's alright. I'm still thankful for being able to do this. I know I'll be going back to Vegas and Yellowstone. That's a definite! I'm looking forward to getting back to NY though. However, I don't know what is there for me anymore, except helping my mom care for Nannie...ahh, life...

------



Horses in Idaho.

Melancholy at Old Faithful


Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment