Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Airports

July 13, 2011 3:41PM

Currently sitting at the airport. My flight leaves at 6:05PM so I'm a bit early but I'd rather be early than too late. It's raining, even though the forecast was clear, it figures. The weathermen are always wrong. I forgot, well, I lost my MP3 player so I'm not looking forward to no music on my flight. Though with my self diagnosed ADD I will probably be distracted enough not to notice the time gone by. I'm noticing that everyone around me is chewing gum. With chewing gum comes snapping gum. I'm incredibly annoyed. Also, of course, there is a tiny child running around, eating chocolate and wiping it all over the seats. Maybe I'm insensitive but, control your kids!! On a happy note, there is a relatively attractive man sitting near me as well. He's on his laptop and looks very serious. I wonder what he's looking at. Back to the annoying child. From what I'm gathering, the family has a nanny whom is supposed to care for the child while her mother flies off to Orlando (according to the flight info at gate C2, where I'm sitting). However, the nanny is currently on the phone, snapping her gum and talking loudly. Now another child makes an appearance, an infant, crying in a stroller. Perhaps two infants because the nanny is now pushing a double stroller. All I can think is-I'm glad that's not my life. I suppose it would be a bit different if it was my own kids but at this point in my life, no thank you. I look forward to my flight.

------

July 13, 2011 6:30PM

Flying 30,000 feet in the air, taking in the glory of the earth below. A screaming child behind me, kicking my seat...big surprise. At least I'm about to get some pretzels. I thought about getting some sort of alcohol but I suppose it's not necessary as of now. Unless the kid keeps kicking me. At least I can look out the window of this plane. One of my favorite thing is, indeed, flying. I love to be above the world, away from solid earth. Ooo, just got my pretzels. Too salty, I should have known. The clouds look like little cotton balls suspended above square, tan and green patches of farmland and trees. In the distance the sky is lined in white and light blue before stretching towards the heavens like a deep blue ocean. Moving closer to Chicago, where I will depart to LA, the clouds seem to grow. Now bursting upward like mountains of plush cushions. I dream of jumping towards them and falling asleep more soundly than a puppy. I ordered a drink along with the pretzels, cranberry juice. I rarely drink anything but water but for some reason whenever I'm on a plane I get cranberry juice. I have no idea why. It's delicious, nonetheless.
The last time I was on a plane I was headed back to NY from visiting Melissa in the Keys. Before that, I was headed back to NY from my favorite place, Mississippi. Thinking about my flight at that time, leaving from New Orleans makes me miss my time there. I miss it almost every day. Times are so different now. I'm different, my family is different, even Mama is different. I'm very unsure of a lot of things.I wonder why life is how it is. Why a healthy woman, the age of 60 loses her life and yet a 90 year old with nothing left of her memory and no muscle strength to do things for herself continues to live. If it's even considered any sort of life. It's hard to make sense of. I hope this adventurous journey teaches me something. I hope to regain more trust in God, that He does have a plan even if it feels that He has forgotten me and those I love.

------


Scene from above the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment