Wednesday, August 3, 2011

California Times.

July 15, 2011

Sitting on Venice Beach Boardwalk attempting to sell some of my wares. So far, at 11:33AM no sales. Laurie and I got here at about 9:30AM and we were actually set up, after finding a decent parking space, at about 9:45. 11:54AM - first sale!!! A skirt and a top $60! Sweet deal! Next I hope Laurie sells something. The girl is from Cali too! So Sweet!
2:11PM, no more sales so far. Instead we are enjoying the freak show that IS Venice boardwalk. Men running in speedos, the poor folks that sleep on the grass behind us, and many different guys playing instruments while rollerblading or skating down the boardwalk. Currently a man is selling "medical" marijuana literally right in front of my table. Yeaa, medical....riight. What a joke. I can smell the weed in the air. Pure insanity. Everyone is so interesting though. I'm not sure who is from here and show isn't but I wonder about everyone's story. What they're doing here, why they came. If they are running from something like I sometimes feel I am. I do like it here, even if people are totally insane. I am too.

------ 

July 15, 2011 9:20PM

Resting now in the hotel room. Just had some wine. Yummy. So far since I've been here it feels like I've been gone for a week. Tomorrow we will go to Hollywood and wander around. Should be fun I think. I really don't even care that much. I just wanted to try to sell some stuff and get away, see the country a little bit. I wish I made a lot more today at Venice but I don't think anyone could really see my stuff since it was flat on the table. Oh well though.

------

July 16, 2011 8:37AM

You may not want to know this, but I'm sitting in the bathroom writing. I've been up since about 6:30, unable to fall back asleep so I went to breakfast in the hotel and sat there for an hour and a half. Watched the news and drank way too much coffee. Sometimes I hate being a morning person. The others are still asleep and I'm up getting ready for the day. It's kind of annoying for me. I wish I could have kept sleeping! Perhaps I'm still on NY time. It's almost lunchtime there. I suppose I can wash my hair, or maybe even shower. Haha.

------

Riding the roller coaster on the Santa Monica Pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment