Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I have learned.

July 27, 2011

Back safely to NY. I arrived yesterday afternoon. Laurie and I drove all night long. A 21 hour trip took us 24 hours which means stopping for gas, restroom or sleep only added 3 hours...Can you imagine how tired I was?! Extremely! So much so that I passed out on the hard wood living room floor at Camp Erimelbritt. My lovely sister, whom traveled from Spain for some unspoken reason, told me my face was smashed into the floor. Yea...I was tired.
The Mall of America in Minnesota was alright. Nothing but a big mall is how I saw it. After seeing such amazing sights along the way a mall wasn't too impressive to me. I did however purchase a made in America, American flag tee shirt. Due to my new found patriotism. Now that this trip is over I want to share what I have learned.

To live every day to the fullest.

I think too many times in our lives we forget what life is all about...it's about living! Don't take advantage of the little moments in our days that truly matter. Too often we take advantage of the fact that the ones we love are around us and if they're not, we need to make that happen. Our loved ones may not always be there. Moments in our life will never come again and I think we forget to share those moments with the ones we truly love. Looking back on your life and remembering all that you have done, what do you want to remember? Spending money on the next big, expensive toy? Or spending the day with family, having a picnic or cuddling on the couch with your precious somebody? Do you want others to remember you for having the biggest and the best that money can buy or for loving those around you unconditionally? We shouldn't fight with people, we should love them and make an impression on their life, and perhaps the world will start loving one another more.

I also learned to do what you love.

There are times we waste days away feeling miserable about what our day entails. I don't see a point in spending our precious time feeling upset about life. In all that we do we should love it. If we love what we do we will put our whole heart into it. Regardless if what we do means we don't make a lot of money or seems uncool to someone. Who cares?! We can't please every person we encounter. We just need to believe in who we are and never let go of that. God has made us all for a reason and if your purpose is to scrub toilets and you love it, DO IT! Scrub with all your heart and never ever listen to those that may put you down. Those are the people that are more than likely unhappy with their own lives. Life isn't about the money you make, the money you spend or how impressively but you build your house to be. Life is about how you spend the days you are given and who you loved along the way. Don't just tell someone you love them, prove it and be sure to never take for granted life's little moments. Sit back and enjoy a sunset and always remember to never give up on the dreams you have and the love you have for them.

------

One more thing I learned.

I see no point in chasing after someone who may never be there for me. I'm referring to someone in a relationship sense. I spent too much time feeling sad or trying to get someone to be interested in me or present in my life when they clearly had no interest. Why? To get let down in the end. From now on I will try my best not to initiate any sort of contact with a man. If he seems interested I'll give him a chance but I will no longer be upset if I don't hear from someone. Life is too short to deal with such confusion and pain. In all honesty, I'm not sure how that will go, but I'm interested to see. I just feel that trying so hard and chasing after someone like a lost puppy is pure stupidity. My heart has been broken enough to know when to give up on such dreams. Other dreams, however, like owning my own storefront, full speed ahead.

------

A-bay sunset.


Me and my lovely sister


Melancholy at Camp Erimelbritt.

No comments:

Post a Comment