Monday, August 8, 2011

South Dakota Love

July 25, 2011

Cody, Wyoming was very cute. We went to a rodeo, not so cute but I made the best of it. I generally don't like anything to do with hurting or exploiting animals and to me. that's all the rodeo was. Oh well, it was an experience and that's about the only way to look at it. Then after Cody we went to Keystone, South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore. How amazing! Seeing the 4 presidents on that mountain side was so incredible. I'm not usually a patriotic person but everything involved with being at Rushmore made me feel different. Sad too. When learning again, about what those 4 presidents stood for and knowing the mess our nation is in now is so very sad. It's like no one even remembers what they did for our country and what they fought for. It makes me realize how so many people take our nation for granted. The bottom-line is, I'm more patriotic now.
People in SD are so nice and friendly! We stayed longer then we meant to because we met such nice folks at a store/bar. They make me feel like family. There was free cake and popcorn. It was like a family reunion. So funny and awesome! Now we're in Minnesota. Our last stop until New York.

------







No comments:

Post a Comment