Monday, January 27, 2014

Whatever it takes.

Walking this life with Christ isn't a life without trials and suffering. In fact, being a follower of Christ guarantees that we will face hardships.

Some of the hardest hardships we may face is that of losing loved ones. This has happened to me and I'm sure it has happened to you at some point as well.
There have been people in my life that have played a significant role in the past, but as God draws me closer to Him, some people no longer play the role they used to. This doesn't mean that love for those people doesn't exist, but that's the hardest thing to explain to someone without them taking it personally. It hurts me that this has happened in my life, however, I realize that there is a much bigger picture, an eternal picture in fact.

If I am to be completely obedient to God and His will, there had to be changes. In this particular case it included the loss of friends from my past life. I can try until I lose the air in my lungs to explain the purpose for the loss but it's not going to be understood. It is now up to the work of God in those lives. It is in His hands and that is the best place for it to be.

My desire is to be the woman God wants me to be, no matter the cost. Losing loved ones or not. Whatever He needs to do, whoever He wants in my life or whoever He no longer wants in my life, that is what I want as well. It is a small sacrifice when I reflect on the sacrifice He has given for me.

I am at a point in my life's journey where I understand that many people will shun me and say horrible things about me because of Jesus. I hope I don't sound boastful about this, I just know the truth of God's Word. He has told us to expect to suffer for His name.

2 Timothy 1:12-

That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

1 Peter 3:14-

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”

1 Peter 4:16-
However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.
 
In the past I lived a hypocritical life, I claimed Christ but looked and lived like the world. God has made me new, changed my heart, gave me new desires and a new hope. I no longer wish to look and live like the world. I have found a deep joy in living a life with Christ. He is my life and my hope. Nothing in this world will ever satisfy like Him. 

For some, this is hard to understand and grasp, and for even more they will never know the joy of knowing and living a life completely submitted to the Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:4-

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.


There are many things that are impossible for my human flesh to explain and therefore I give it to God to take care of. He can handle the burden immeasurably more than I can. I thank Him SO much for that! I trust Him completely to take care of all things so that takes a lot pressure off me. I am weak and cannot bear such burdens. The best thing I can do, the best thing all of us can do is to pray, pray, pray. Pray for those that persecute you, pray for your enemies, pray for those that hate you. God loves them and wants them with Him in glory too. 

1 John 4:10
-
 
 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Matthew 5:44 -


But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

I am at peace right now, knowing that 1) God has a plan and He knows better than I. 2) He can soften hardened hearts and change lives of those who are lost. 3) He is in control and I can trust Him completely.

Thank You Father, my King.



"One thing I ask and I would seek, to see You there in front of me. With nothing standing in the way, just me before You unashamed"

Whatever it takes for Him to make me into the person He wants me to be. Whatever it takes for Him to see me blameless.

Ephesians 5:25-27-

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,  and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless." (Emphasis added)

-Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment