Friday, January 31, 2014

Protected

One of my favorite times to worship the Creator is when I'm driving alone. Whether it is a quick trip downtown or a longer distance. I turn music up loud and sing my heart out. I would imagine people think I'm pretty odd if they can't hear the music and they see me moving my mouth and bouncing around. That doesn't matter to me though, I have an audience of One.

Today I ran some errands and as I was singing to God I was reminded of how protected I am from so many evil things because of Him.
Knowing that He is always with me, watching over me, and keeping me safe.

I felt so comforted in knowing that. Though living in this evil world can be difficult I know He is never far from me, I can always run to Him and trust Him to protect me. Such peace and joy overcomes me when I remember this truth.

Psalm 91:4-
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 


It is a wonderful joy to be found in Him. Knowing that nothing can take Him away from me. No matter the circumstances, no matter the suffering, pain, or joy. He is always with me, keeping His eye on me and making my way straight.
Of course I go off track but that's my choice, my mistake, my sin. It's not Him pushing me into darkness, it's my own sinful flesh, the evils of this world and the enemy dragging me down.
But what a great joy to know He never changes and never leaves.

Romans 8:35-39-

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God.


What a sweet, sweet joy.

In this life we will face hard times. We will face adversaries. We will face those who hate us because we are in Christ. God knows this and is prepared to be the strength we need to fight against such evils. He is preparing us for these battles daily. It is so important to turn first to Him and ask Him to help us through the day. Ask Him to prepare you for the struggles and protect you from the evils all around us. We face opponents of Christ daily no matter where you are or what you're doing, there is always a rejection to Jesus.

Ephesians 6:12-
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

It can be intimidating and scary to face such situations but with Christ, you can overcome it. He has overcome it already, we need to trust Him and know that God is in control and will keep us safe.

Psalm 121:3-
He will not let your foot slip— he who watches over you will not slumber;

Ephesians 6:13-15-

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

When we devote our lives to God and seek Him daily we will be kept safe. We can trust Him to watch over us.

This doesn't always mean that physical harm won't come to us, we live in a fallen world bound to sin so there will be times of sickness or accidents, etc. But the ultimate hope that we have in Christ is that nothing happens without Him knowing it. I will say it again, He is always watching us.
With that truth, we can trust that He has a plan for us in mind.

We should never fear, our Father is near! 




"I will stay should the world by me fold. Lift up Your name as the darkness falls. I will wait and hold fast to Your word, heart on Your heart and my eyes on You.
Who lifts the poor and heals the blind. Who trampled death for all mankind, who stands for all with arms stretched wide? My King forever Jesus Christ!"


-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment