Friday, January 24, 2014

Life

Clearly the exciting news was that God brought the opportunity my way to take a trip to Washington DC to join in the Pro-life movement. I learned many things and also gained some more wonderful family!

Hundreds of thousands of people walked the streets in DC to raise awareness that life is a precious gift. Life is a gift from God. Who are we to take it away?

Are we so self-centered that we choose to abort babies because they "interfere" with our self obsessed lifestyle?
Yes. Yes we are. It's no wonder America is going down the tubes, if we don't have respect for the unborn baby why should we respect anything else?
As someone who used to speak boldly about the rights of animals, the experience I had in Washington DC taught me the importance of human rights. (I still care very much so about animals and truly believe God has them here for our enjoyment but it's all about having the right perspective).

If we care so much about saving and respecting animal life, shouldn't we respect human life even more? Every life deserves respect. I love animals and respect their life. God created them and loves them and cares for them. Don't you think He cares for the life of human beings?

Some people don't think life begins at conception or they don't believe an unborn child is a human or a person yet.
This is false.
What do you consider life? Typically for something to be alive it needs to, at the very least be growing. When conception takes place what happens? Something starts to grow.

I could write a lot more on this subject but I'm not trying to start some crazy debate. I'm simply sharing a portion of what I learned on my trip to Washington DC.


I found this photo to be pretty interesting:
Makes you think, doesn't it?

Credit: ineeners.blogspot.com




We need to be protecting the innocent and weak. That's what we are called to do.

Pray to end abortion. Every day.
_______________________________________________

On a bit of a brighter side, I was able to spend time with some amazing people whom I now consider family. It's amazing to me how great God is. All the time! It seems so many things happen when you least expect it. I was a bit nervous to take a trip with basically a bunch of strangers but as it turns out, it's been proven that when you are a Christ follower, you truly are in the family of God. When you meet others in His family they become your brothers and sisters. I made some wonderful friends...ahem, family. I praise my God for that! He is so good!

Patty and I
Family!



Choose life. Choose Christ and you will live life abundantly. Praise Him Alone!



"This is what I believe that if I give you my everything, I will become who I was really born to be. I'll stand up and say it, yeah, Your love is something I can put my faith in."

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment