Monday, December 30, 2013

Someone to trust.

Who do you trust?

How often are we let down by those we love and care for? If you are married, I know your spouse has let you down at times. If you're single, I know you've had a relationship or friend who has let you down. The people who are closest to us, the ones you would never imagine would let you down, do just that.
It's normal, after the fall of mankind all humans have failed. I fail all the time. I have let the ones I love down by either a harsh word or by not saying anything at all when I should have. It's so important to let the ones you love know that you appreciate them and all they do for you. It is often a struggle especially with someone that you know you should love but you find it hard to.

I'll take this opportunity to tell those of you that I may have let down that I'm sorry. I know who some of you are, others I admit that I'm not even sure when or how I may have let you down. So please forgive my ignorance and know that I do love you and appreciate who you have been in my life. I have come to realize more and more, however, that there is a season for everyone in your life. Some people are supposed to be in your life for a certain time to perhaps teach you something and then their time is over. I know that sounds harsh but I know this to be true.
The person I used to be is not the person I am today. I have distanced myself from many things because I know that I am weak and can easily stumble and be pulled back into the person I don't want to be. It is better for me to keep away from everything I used to do in order to continue on the path God is leading me on.
There will always be a special place for you but I am weak and know that the world can easily and quickly consume my mind again if I do not keep away from certain things. I do not trust myself.

The only One worthy of complete trust is Jesus Christ. Everything we try to do ourselves will fail. We cannot live by our own strength. No matter how much it may seem like we can or how much it seems that we don't need God in "this situation" or "that situation," it is simply false. The Bible tells us that God cares about everything we do and wants to be involved in all of our goings on.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

There is no better person to place your trust in than Jesus because He will NEVER fail.

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” - (Deuteronomy 31:8)

If we would only fully trust Him and Him alone, we would no longer worry about anything at all. His promises are true, He is the only One who will fully keep ALL of His promises. 

Christ Alone is worthy of our trust.

So, again I say, who do you trust? Someone or something that will fail? Or the only One who will NEVER fail you, NEVER leave you? The only One who loves you with an unstoppable and undying love that will heal every pain and fill every desire in your being? 

I know the One that I trust and I tell you, from my own personal experience, He truly is the only One who never fails.  



"God you pursue me with power and glory
Unstoppable Love that never ends
You’re unrelenting with passion and mercy
Unstoppable Love that never ends

You broke into the silence and sang your song of hope
A melody resounding in the deep of my soul
You have come running
You tore down every wall
All the while you’re shouting,
“My Love you’re worth it all”

No sin, no shame,
No past, no pain
Can separate me from Your love
No height, no depth,
No fear, no debt
Can separate me from Your love"

-Skyler and Kim Walker Smith (Unstoppable Love)








"Love will never fail, He will never fail. He says, in all your hurts, in all your pain, I'll never leave, I won't forsake. You're My child and I'm your God. Come and rest in My Love."

Ask Him to help you find rest in His Love. Trust Him and He will lead you the way you should go.

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment