Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Not mine


I need to find my voice.
It seems so lost, so hidden.
The love of my Father all around
Yet I feel so trapped.
Trying to sing, suffocating again. 
My head is spinning, my body is weak.
The tears I've cried
The times I've pleaded. 
Take this from me O God.
Not me, use someone else. 
There must be another way.

And then, I remember - 

You were all alone with the love of Your Father
And still, You had to drink that cup.
Blood from Your beautiful brow
Dripped past Your eyes towards Your mouth
Crying out, please take this from Me
There must be another way. 

Songs in my head, but fear in my heart
With You I can push through.
Do this for me, it's impossible alone.
Your love all around me
Lifting me up and now this I know
There is no other way.
I must drink this cup I've been given

Obedience hurts 
But so did Your Sacrifice
There's no turning back from this, O no
Surrendering all
So here I am, Your will be done 
So here I am, Your will be done.
Your will not mine. 
Your will not mine. 



-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment