Monday, October 24, 2011

Hopeless Daydream.

-I had a dream that I was laying in sweet warm grass on a bright sunny day. I closed my eyes and smelled the fresh air. When I opened them I looked at the bright blue sky filled with soft white clouds that looked close enough to float into.
Blocking out the whole world and dreaming of a life I could not seem to find. However I felt I belonged there, cozy in the warm grass.
Abruptly awakened by the desperate crying of a man missing someone. I went to him, asked what was wrong, and all he could do was cry. I knew he was hurting. Hurting for his lost love. I knew this because I felt the same. As tears rushed through my eyes I held him close and we cried together. Two lonely people desperate for a lost love.
When our tears finally started to dry we walked to that place in the grass. Laying down, he sighed the most lonesome sound I had ever heard, and I did the same.
Just two lonesome souls wishing to drift away in the clouds passing above us. -

I often find myself wondering if love can ever truly be found. It is this, among a few other things, I struggle with. I want to believe that one day the man of my dreams will arrive. Destroying every doubt I have ever had in my mind.
I find it hard to believe that one man will truly love one woman enough to have the desire for her presence whenever they are apart. It seems that it doesn't really make sense. As if it is some fairy tale told once when I was young.
In real life, fairy tales don't exist. I have to wonder why we are told such lies when we are so small. Why should we dream of our prince whom will never come? As we grow older we realize this truth...or I suppose it's just me feeling this way.

Once I thought I found him, I truly started to believe in such love. However, it all fell apart, not to my surprise. I still look back, knowing, or at least wishing I could have done things differently.

Why do I chase something that was never there, something that could never really exist for me...when will I ever learn?


I miss everything about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment