Friday, October 17, 2014

Set Apart for my King

Jesus Christ is enough.

It's not Jesus plus a husband.
It's not Jesus plus kids.
It's not Jesus plus friends.

Jesus Christ Himself is enough. Just Him.

Listening to a message by Leslie Ludy - It's amazing how on target her life and what she is saying about womanhood and following Christ parallels my own life. As I'm sure it does many other women.

But as October 22 approaches I am excited about what the next step of my life will be.

I haven't always done things during this time as I planned to, but I know that God is using this time to teach me many things.

I've stumbled, I've fallen flat on my face, I've cried, I've yelled at God, I've doubted His plans, I've wanted to give up, I've wanted to run away completely and hide. But ya know what, God has been with me the entire time. He never left me and His grace abounds even more in my life. He has walked me through times when I cried my eyes out and sat empty in my room alone wondering if this commitment was completely worthless.

It hasn't been at all easy and as God gently pulled out many deep roots of brokenness in my heart I flinched but knew that it was exactly what I needed.

There's a long road ahead, this I know, but I know that God is with me and has been not only for this year but also for my whole life.

I will be away on the 22 but I will surely write in my journal and bring it back to you here online.

Much more to come in this great adventure as a Christ follower.

Psalm 73:25 -

Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

Jesus is my desire and my treasure. The greatest treasure in existence.





"You know much better than I
and if destruction is what I need
then I'll receive it Lord from Thee..
..I'm only Yours now....
It's Your eye in the storm watching over me,
It's Your eye in the storm wanting only good for me."

-Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment