Sunday, February 9, 2014

The best Valentine's Day gift, ever.


Ohhh love is in the air!
As if we all didn't already know, Valentine's Day is coming up swiftly.
First of all, where did January go and now we're nearly half way through February. But you know what that means?? Spring is coming! Weee!
God has been so amazing, like usual, but really, He's been so great!
I know I haven't been posting quite as much but it's mostly just because God has expanded my social life by approximately, hmm...99%.
Since the Washington DC trip I have been spending a lot of time doing various things with my new, wonderful friends! It's incredible to me how God works. He truly is so mysterious and life with Him is so great!

But down to the deeper purpose of this post.
I know this time of year can be super difficult for many people. Most people without someone special to spend the ole V-day with call it singles awareness day. Which is funny to me because most single people are well aware they are single nearly every day anyway.
I wish I knew what to say to make you not feel so negative about Valentine's Day but I understand that it's really hard. Stores are covered with red and pink hearts and those creepy looking cupids, roses and candy are being purchased, or maybe even an engagement ring for that special lady. Yes, indeed, it can be difficult to be single this time of year.

Did you know the best love story ever written is the one about how God sent His only Son to die for us because He loved us so much? Now really, think about this, there is no love like the Love of our Heavenly Father.

These earthly romances can be lovely, beautiful, wonderful, and full of joy but they don't compare to the love that Jesus has for us. They don't even come close. Can you begin to fathom that? I can't.
I know plenty of super happy couples in amazing relationships or marriages but even they don't compare to how much love the Father has for us.
When I sit and ponder this...well it's nearly impossible for me to put into words how much joy fills my being. I just feel like I'm floating on air, a huge smile across my face and tears of joy well in my eyes.
I am complete, completely loved in a way I've never experienced before.

God loves us. He chose to prove that love by sending Jesus Christ, His Son, to walk the earth in order to die so that we may accept His love and...just let Him love us. He loves you, He wants so much for you to just accept His love. He is the best 'Valentine' you will ever have. He is reaching out His hand to you and waits for you to accept His love which is so freely given. It is a gift. The best Valentine's Day gift you'll ever receive. Incomprehensibly better than flowers and chocolates or even an engagement ring. 

Won't you give Him your heart, won't you be His 'valentine'?


                                   


   "We were freed and made alive the day that True Love died."



-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment